Sunday, May 4, 2008

Been Busy

Here's what's been going on the past few days.

Thursday I was off, so I had lunch with my girls at local greasy spoon called The Penguin.


We dined on some of the best things you will ever put in your mouth! Burgers, Onion Rings, Fried Pork Chop Sandwiches....

and these would be fried pickles....oh my word, so yummy!


After that, Chad and I headed to get the girl for a sleepover! We were so excited, and so was she! When we pulled up at the daycare, they were playing outside on the playground. She saw us get out of the car and started yelling "Bubba's here, NaNa's here!" It was so cute!

We did all the fun things that aunts and uncles get to do...

Stop for a treat (milkshake) at Chick-Fil-A....


Go to Target to shop....


and lay down in the buggy, 'cause that's just what you do when you go to Target!

(Oh, funny story about that dress she has on...when I was getting her dressed she was saying that the bloomers were black, and I told her that they were gray. Well, later that evening Chad asked her what color her dress was and she said "gravy"!!!! Haha! How cute is that?)

We painted our fingernails and toenails too!

We were so sad when it was time to take her back home =( We went and ate bar-b-cue with my family for dinner and had a good time! I love it when my family is together eating, laughing, and just having a good time!

Saturday I had to work and Chad went to the Wachovia championship with Daniel. I think they were pretty tired after walking around most of the day, but they had a great time.

Today was a wonderful day at church. Chad taught a great lesson from 1 Kings 17 about Elijah and how the Lord provides for our needs. It was a great reminder to rely on Him for everything and He will provide! He is our Jehovah-Jireh!

After an afternoon nap (which was wonderful by the way, and very much needed!) I have been working on more of my first monogram order with my new machine. Here's a few of the things I have done. Still have more to do, but I'm getting there!

I hope that you all have had a great weekend as well!

P.S. I plan to have the give-away up on Tuesday, so be sure to check back!

11 comments:

  1. Lunch looks delicious!!

    You are such a fun aunt!! I wish you were my sister. :) My kids would LOVE you! You and your hubby seem so sweet together!!

    Your monogram creations are ADORABLE!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Your lunch looks great - I'm craving fried pickles now.
    2. Your niece is SO adorable!!!!
    3. Jehovah-Jirah - you are so right. I learned a song about that name for God when I was in the 6th grade and to this day I sing it when I am worried about the future- He IS our provider!
    4. Your monogramming is great!!!
    5. I'm glad ya'll are getting away this weekend! You are one of the people I'm especially praying for! I will be thinking of you on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you by way of Kelly and wanted to tell you that your embroidery is precious! (So is your site) God blessed my sister with her first baby by way of in vitro, so my heart is especially tender for those struggling with infertility. I'll pray for you when I pray for Kelly.

    I look forward to visting again soon.

    Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Faith, I love the Target pictures, we LOVE target. Hey I wanted to let you know you've been tagged, again. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emma is so adoralbe...REALLY! I can't wait for the give away...you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I NEED FRIED PICKLES ASAP!!!!!! OH EMMA IS SOOOOOO CUTE!!!!! and i mean cute cute!!!!!! i love that chad teaches sunday school!!! that is wonderful. My dad has always taught too and I jsut love that spiritual gift in men!!!! what a blessing!!!!! way to go on your monogram stuff. this is going to be such a fun job!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your niece is PRECIOUS!!!!! She is one lucky girl to get to hang out with you on the weekend!! I LOVE your monogram projects!! I will definitely be calling you when I need something done!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Faith, I saw your posting over on Kelly's blog...and just wanted to pop by and say that I will add you to my list of women that I will be praying for this Sunday. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK I really LOVE the Penguin, OK, well, I love the fried pickles. I so wish I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I missed Emma this weekend!!
    Hey your monogram work is looking great!! Yay! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your neice is absolutely precious!!! Do you live near Charlotte? I noticed that you were eating at the Penguin and going to the Wachovia Championship. That's where I live!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love to hear from you!