Monday, September 8, 2008

Quirky tag..a little late

I was tagged a while back by Cheryl with this "quirky" meme.

Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules on your blog.
3. Tell about six unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag six fellow bloggers by linking them.
5. Leave a comment on each of the six blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.

I'm certainly a quirky little bird, so here goes!

1) When I go to Chick-fil-@, I always get a six piece nugget kids meal with a side of pickles. That's not really that weird, but this is....I dip my nuggets in mayonnaise and then eat a bite of pickle with my nugget. It's just like the sandwich without the bread!

2) I have a certain order that I go through the grocery store and a certain way that I think groceries need to be put in the buggy. I like to go to the store with Chad, but I do not like things being flung into the cart all willy-nilly. If he puts something in the cart, I have to move it and put it where I think it should go...I'm all about being logical and making the most of the space in the buggy. (btw, this really drives Chad crazy!)

3) I LOVE horseradish! I put it on or in everything I can. Steaks, roast beef, sandwiches, burgers, Ranch dressing (so yummy!), horseradish mustard, and deviled eggs (fyi: my mom just shared the recipe for these delicious little things!)

4) I'm not really a milk drinker unless I am eating something chocolate-y and then I can down a whole glass of ice cold milk.

5) I do not drink any caffeine. I gave it up last year during a 40 day fast and once it was over, and I had my first glass of sweet tea, I ended up with a terrible migraine and determined that it was definitely a trigger for my headaches. So now I don't drink it at all. Caffeine Free Dr. Pepper is a lifesaver, and fortunately most of the things I drink at Starbucks they can make in decaf!

6) I am very particular about fragrances/smells, etc. I'm not into B&B Works stuff because most of it gives me headaches. About the only fragrance I can handle in my home is Macintosh Apple by Y@nkee Candle.

Okay, if you haven't already done this, I tag Kristen, Jessica, Melissa H, Laura, and Ashleigh, and anyone else that wants to play along. I can't wait to hear some of you girls' quirks!

28 comments:

  1. I do the very same thing with milk. I drink very little unless it is with something very sweet or chocolate!!! Ranch dressing to me is what horse radish is to you. I love it!!

    This was cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am exactly the same about the milk and (preferably cookies!) something chocolate. I know I should probably try the caffeine free DP- maybe it would help MY headaches?!?!
    I am praying for you today, friend. I have had some dark days lately and I am really praying that you are doing well. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved hearing about your quirks! I order the kids meal at Chick Fil A as well. Can't say that I do the pickles and mayonnaise thing though. That is funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these "quirky things" posts! And you go girl with your horseradish. You and my daddy would be BFF at the dinner table. :) And did someone say deviled eggs?? I am headed over to visit Ms. Emilie RIGHT NOW. :) Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay, i'm dying laughing at the Chick-fil-a thing!!!!! I could totally see you doing that and think it's just the cutest thing ever! I think that definitely qualifies as a 'quirk'. :)
    And, I'm the same way about groceries...have to maximize the space.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Chick Fil A and that is hilarious! And I am all about the decaf drinks too! I think decaf coffee has the same effect on me that regular does, there's just something about it! and yes to decaf soda for the bubblies, so yummy especially when you haven't had it for a while!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! I KNEW about the nuggets dipped in the mayonnaise, but I did not know about the grocery cart thing! Whose child are you anyway??? LOL! Poor Chad!
    I'm with you on the horseradish and the Caffeine Free Dr. Pepper, but, milk drinker....um.....not so much!

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey chickie! Good to see you back at the old blogger!! Been missin' you in choir, but of course I'm not singing at 9:15 anymore. I'm down with the horseradish! LOVE LOVE LOVE it - especially the burn after a really big bite! teehee

    See ya girl.
    Val
    PS - We're singing "Total Praise" Sunday! WOOHOOOO!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, can I just say, Your moms comment is HILARIOUS!!! hahahahaha
    So I'm loving me some chocolate and milk and oh the caffeine, I must just say you are my hero!! I heart coffee!! I'm down to half-caff, but yeah, can't quite make the break :0) You rock girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So proud of you for giving up caffeine! I have tried SO many times, I am addicted to diet coke, but I would agree that it def causes some of my headaches. Loved reading these quirks about you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't give up caffeine...I've tried! I used to never get headaches if I didn't drink it, but then I drank Red Bull for a few weeks in the morning and I've had headaches every since if I don't drink some by noon! Speaking of headaches, I'm with you on the smells thing...that gives me headaches really bad too!

    The mayo with nuggets thing might be my worst nightmare! ha! Mayo is a food-phobia of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Faith, you are funny! I am sure I have tons of quirks...so I will be working on the tag! But, I have SO many you will have to give me a few days to mull over which ones are appropriate to share!! ;o)

    Ashleigh

    ReplyDelete
  13. P.S. I SO wish you could have been at my blog friends lunch also! Maybe one day our paths will cross!! :-) I would love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is fun reading all the little quirks about people.. I just filled out 6 random things about me on my blog..

    I love Horseradish too. Yum.

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm cracking up about the grocery cart thing!! Oh my goodness you would die to see my cart!! =) Toss! Toss! Toss!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Interesting quirk about your chicken eating ways!

    I'm with you on the buggy loading. In fact, I went to Sam's on Saturday and was so impressed with how the cashier reloaded my cart. I actually just stopped and admired it. :)

    And I LOVE Macintosh Apple by Yankee Candle!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jealous! I would give anything to give up caffeine myself too! Diet Cokes are my coffee each morning! I went a day or two cutting back & I thought I was going to die!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am just the same about grocery shopping and the buggy ;)!

    What a great idea about Chick Fil A!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Girl. What are we going to do with you? You are making me laugh out loud and I know a lot of this stuff about you already! Not the grocery thing though. BUT I have to say that I am not surprised. Your mom is right. Poor Chad. :) SO FUNNY! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Isn't it funny all the different quirks we all have?

    Out of all the random facts and quirks I've read the last couple of weeks - your chicken nugget eating ways at Chickfila by far take the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your quirks! The grocery cart thing cracked me up...Zack gets frustrated enough with how long it takes me at the store, but if I had a system I think he'd give up on going at all :)
    *Next time I get some pickled okra I'll have to mail you some...the recipe she got from Zack's g-ma last year is the best!*

    ReplyDelete
  22. Not a fan of milk! I love B&B but cannot breath it either (asthma and allergies). I am going to try the pickles with my Chick-Fil-@ sounds really good! I too like horseradish (the first bite usually burns the inside of my nose, but its totally worth it) Caffeine, I need to work on being caffeine free! Hope you are doing well, are the leaves starting to turn in NC yet? So looking forward to fall! Praying for you!
    In Christ,
    Kara - Prov. 31

    ReplyDelete
  23. Girl I am the SAME WAY about the grocery store! I also place things on the conveyer belt in categories...boxes all together, cans together, bags together. Ain't we cute?!?! ha

    ReplyDelete
  24. Are you sure we are not sisters? That was like you were writing about me (except for the caffeine thing)! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I believe I found your mom's blog and saw a monogramed bag on there. Did you make this? I was just wondering how I could purchase one! LOL
    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Friend, I got your email. I went home for the weekend and I haven't had time to respond, but I wanted you to know I will write you shortly. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ok girly! Doing my first giveaway! Check it out! You may like it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  28. This was fun to read your little quirks! I am with you on the non-caffeine thing, I gave it up a few years ago and then realized there was no need to take back the habit. Also with you on the B&B Works smells...they gibe me a huge headache! :)
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love to hear from you!