Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The answer is on the way...

I remember one of my dear friends talking with me last summer about our desire to have a baby and our fervent prayers for that to happen. One thing she said to me was to pray and then thank God for how He has already answered it, because He has, I just don't know what the answer is yet.

Months and months have gone by, and it seems we still don't have answers. There are times when I grow discouraged and wonder if God is hearing our prayers at all, but I was reminded through a devotional from "Jesus Calling" that He is, and has already answered them in the best way possible for us.

Let me share with you what it said..."When you bring Me prayer requests, lay out your concerns before Me. Speak to Me candidly; pour out your heart. THEN thank Me for the answers that I have set into motion long before you can discern results. When your requests come to mind again, continue to thank Me for the answers that are on the way. If you keep stating your concerns to Me, you will live in a state of tension. When you thank Me for how I am answering your prayers, your mind-set becomes much more positive. Thankful prayers keep your focus on My Presence and My promises."

And listen to this awesome verse. "Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving;" Colossians 4:2

I don't know that I have ever read that verse before, or if I had, it certainly spoke to me anew this time. It was exactly the reminder and encouragement I need as I wait on God's answers to be revealed. It may not be when I thought or in the way I thought, but it will be God's best for me!

I am praying for each of you who are also waiting, and I am thanking Him for what He has done and is going to do in your lives as well!

32 comments:

  1. Just what I needed today. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faith, I just love this! That excerpt from Jesus Calling is absolutely amazing! I am putting this way of thinking and praying into practice immediately. :-)

    Thank you for sharing this, sweet girl. I love you! Praying for your miracle and thanking God for already fufilling it! I can't wait to see how His perfect plan will unfold for you and Chad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Faith, I have such a heart for women who face infertility I know it all so well. But one thing I do know God is Faithful and he will see you thru it. God has an Awesome plan for you and your husband I just know it. When I read your post I can see Jesus in you and that is something to really admire.I never lost faith thru our infertility. I tried not to look at how big my infertity was but how big my God was.God led us down a diffrent road and we adopted our 2 child and what a Wonderful blessing!! I know your hearts desire is to become pregnant and I believe it will happen. God's timing sometimes can be hard to understand but it always works out!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What peace and confidence we can have in Him!

    Thanks for a great reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. God's answer IS coming! He is working out the plan He has for you and Chad and will reveal the parts you need to know as you need to know them. Your heart is right where it should be...seeking Him. Thank you for sharing this with us...what a great devotion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you sweet girl. Great post, great reminder, great verse!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great post! I needed to hear this. I am not waiting for the same answer you are, but this still spoke to me in different ways. Praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Faith,
    God has so laid you and Chad on my heart lately. I am praying dear one and now will be thanking Him for His answer.

    Great post!!

    Love you friend,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Faith~ this was such a great post. know that i am praying for you and your sweet miracle:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this!! I have a really good friend who will just call and pray with me sometimes and this is what she does, and did, during our waiting for a baby. She always, always, thanked God for how He was going to work...in confidence.
    I love the exerpt and that verse. I am going to remember this and it is going to change the way I pray!
    Thank you, Faith, for always helping me get closer to Jesus!
    I love you and I am praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Faith,
    I know how longing for a baby feels. Hubby & I were married for 6 year before we were blessed with our sweet son. Now he's going to be a daddy in a few weeks! We had started considering adoption. We met with our pastor in his study for counseling & prayer. Within a year we were expecting.
    I'll be praying for you that God will give you the desires of your heart.
    Blessings,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  12. That day really spoke to me too, but for different reasons. I love that the Lord can minister to us where we are and that His word is so encouraging no matter what we are facing. I love you and I am praying for you in the waiting!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't entered the baby prayers, since I remain in my prince prayers. I feel for you - I'm sure with each baby you see - you are reminded of what your heart dreams. I'm going to a dinner party tonight with 8 married women and me. The waiting for His reveal can be so taxing. We are human, afterall.

    Your post is beautiful and can remind ALL of us about His good and perfect plan. I was just saying today how 10 years ago I tried to leave my campus after college, and thanks to my mentors - I stayed and remain so, so thankful today for those blessings from above to keep me here in Oklahoma. Never thought I'd have THIS life, but I can't imagine it any differant...with only a prince soon in the fairy tale!

    Blessings to you - and thank you for helping us all remember to be thankful for our God and His merciful love.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great word and exactly what I needed to hear this week. Thank you for the reminder. And I will be praying for all of us ladies in waiting that we would shift to a spirit of thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  15. Praying for you. You really have a wonderful outlook.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Faith:
    I was so excited to see this post because our preacher read Col 4:2 last Sunday and I wrote it down to encourage all my friends in waiting and then forgot to put it on my blog. My Bible says "Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful". I LOVE that! When I was praying constantly and PLEADING with God for a baby - I often said "Thank you God for the baby I know you are going to give us". I believed with all my heart He would bless us in His time and He did. And I know He will do the same for you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for sharing this message. I never thought about Thanking God in advance for the answers to my prayers. I go to Him with plenty of concerns but I need to balance that with a word of thanks for all the other things. What a great way to look at prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this! I thought about you when I read it, too. I'm so excited to see what the Lord is going to do!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Faith I am still praying for you and Chad daily.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Okay, I needed this.

    I love the verse you shared...first time for me to read that, as well.

    Praying for you guys, daily.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, that was very profound! What a great way to think about my requests!! Thank you for sharing this! And as always, I am praying for you, and thank you for praying for me!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Faith-I truly believe God has a miracle in store for you...and soon! He knows the desires of your heart. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful verses. I am praying with you until you are holding your beautiful baby!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you for this reminder it was beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have never read that verse either...but I'm lookin it up NOW after this comment.

    I love that He has already answered our prayers....He is so so good!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You and Chad have been on my heart! I will continue to pray for you guys. I am thanking our Lord for hearing our prayers and providing us with the ANSWER!!!!!!

    Have a great day friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. "An attitude of thanksgiving".... something we could ALL use more of... especially as we wait for answers to prayers to be brought to our sight!!!

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I so needed this today! Thank you so much for reminding me of this!!! God bless you today!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I've never thought of being thankful for what God has already set into motion. Wow! Thanks for sharing that insight.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Faith that is such a wonderful verse and devotional. I honestly don't think I have ever used my time in prayer to thank Him for the answers already given. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What an powerful verse & much needed reminder that God is always in control! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Faith,

    What a great devotional message and just what I needed today. I loved the part that said "If you keep stating your concerns to Me, you will live in a state of tension" and "Thankful prayers keep your focus on MY PRESENCE and MY PROMISES"!

    I have no doubt that God has set in motion the answer to all of our prayers for you and Chad --long before any of us can discern the results. How exciting to sit back and just see how he chooses to work this miracle on your behalf!

    May we all pray with an attitude of thanksgiving--continuing to thank Him for the answers that are on the way.

    I love you so much,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love to hear from you!