Thursday, December 30, 2010

20 Things about 2010

I saw this neat questionnaire on Betsy’s blog. I did this last year, and thought it would be fun to do again!

1. What did you do in 2010 that you had never done before?
Went a month without eating meat! Chad and I did a modified "Daniel fast" during the month of August and that was the longest I have ever gone without eating meat. I don't think you'll find me becoming a vegetarian any time soon ;-)

2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I don't really get into making resolutions.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, some sweet friends from church welcomed little girls this year.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No

5. What places have you visited?

   
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
A sweet, precious baby to call my own and make me a mommy. But more than that, a true joy that comes only from the Lord and who He is, and has nothing to do with my circumstances.

7. What date from 2010 will remain etched in your memory and why?
December 9, 2010 - our 10th wedding anniversary. We didn't do anything extravagant or outlandish like we had once dreamed we would, but it was still a sweet day celebrating our love and marriage.

8. What was your biggest achievement this year?
Finished paying off our debt and saved for our future.

9. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No, I stayed pretty healthy this year despite working in the health care industry around all sorts of crazy stuff!

10. What was the best thing you bought?
My camera. I decided to splurge on something fun. I have loved playing around with it and learning new things.

11. Where did most of your money go?
Savings Account aka "The Baby Fund"

12. What song will always remind you of 2010?
You Never Let Go by Matt Redman. - this song is so powerful and always ministers to me. I can think of several times this year that I heard this song at just the right time. I have clung to it and it's truth during many dark days.

13. What do you wish you would have done more of?
Spent more in depth time in the Word and with my Jesus; prayed more; reached out more to others instead of being so self-absorbed; blogged more.

14. What do you wish you would have done less of?
Stress about the future; doubt the Lord's ways or timing.

15. What was your favorite TV program?
Oh, so many...M0dern Family, S0uthland, The Batchel0r, Psych, Chuck, The 0ffice, Real H0usewives and I'm sure some others that I'm forgetting about right now.

16. What was the best book you read this year?
I have started a couple of books but have not had the time to finish any of them. I really do wish I would make more time to read.

17. What was your favorite film of the year?
I really enjoyed Life As We Know It. Such cute movie!

18. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
This year I turned 30. Agh!! I was once again not really looking forward to celebrating my birthday this year, but my sweet man threw a surprise party for me! It was something I will always remember. I loved celebrating the day with such sweet friends and family. We had such a wonderful time together and I was so thankful that he put so much into making it a special day for me!

19. What political issue stirred you the most?

I have to say that I am not that into politics and I stay uninformed about a lot of things, so nothing really "stirred" me that much, but I have become more aware of what’s going on with health care reform now that I am working in that field.

20. Who was the best new person you met?
This year I met several more precious friends that I have made through blogging. If you had told me a couple of years ago that I would make such sweet friends on the Internet and then meet them in real life, I would never have believed you! Here are a few of them...

Love this girl. I cannot begin to tell you the encouragement she has been to me!
 

Love them all and I’m so thankful for how the Lord has used blogging in my life!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2010 has been quite a year! Honestly, I cannot wait for it to be over. This year has been a year full of trials and hardships, and at times I've had a hard time seeing the Lord's hand in it all.  I know that He loves me and is in control of each and every thing, but that doesn't mean that life isn't still hard.

I pray with all of my heart that 2011 will hold answers to many prayers and that God would do exceedingly, abundantly, beyond BEYOND all that I could ever imagine.  He alone is able!

13 comments:

  1. What a fun list! My New Years resolution shall be having lunch with you haha!
    Faith, I pray everyday that God blesses you this year with a child.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweet friend...this post brought me to tears. My heart aches for you to have a baby. I've told you before - I don't think I could want it for anyone more than I want it for you. I find myself asking God why...He continues to assure me that He's got this. You're right though - there is still pain. Still heartache. So thankful you have HIM to carry you through it. Believing 2011 will be your year to hold your own miracle in your arms.

    I love you!

    p.s. I'm totally printing that pic of us off and framing it - I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl..I miss you! I do hope you find time to blog next year =).

    I thought of you SO much this Christmas. You...Amy...Lianna...and a few others. Holidays, birthdays, anniversaries..anything that "marks" time is always so hard when you are in a season of waiting.

    I am asking the Lord that 2011 is THE year for your arms to be full of a cherub or two =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl..I miss you! I do hope you find time to blog next year =).

    I thought of you SO much this Christmas. You...Amy...Lianna...and a few others. Holidays, birthdays, anniversaries..anything that "marks" time is always so hard when you are in a season of waiting.

    I am asking the Lord that 2011 is THE year for your arms to be full of a cherub or two =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl..I miss you! I do hope you find time to blog next year =).

    I thought of you SO much this Christmas. You...Amy...Lianna...and a few others. Holidays, birthdays, anniversaries..anything that "marks" time is always so hard when you are in a season of waiting.

    I am asking the Lord that 2011 is THE year for your arms to be full of a cherub or two =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this recap! I know that He has some big things planned for your family in 2011 and I cannot wait for them to be revealed to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I pray for you every day, Faith! I will continue to pray that 2011 will be the year that He will bless you with your sweet baby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Faith, Of all the people I am wishing a fantastic 2011, I TRULY hope you are blessed beyond belief this year!!! I am praying for you and wishing you all the best in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a new follower and was posting my stats for 2010 and noticed that somehow you were one of my top referrers! LOL Did you link me somewhere? Either way, I'm following you now, Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your heart, Faith...so sweet, honest, and open to the Lord and His leading. This wait is long and I know it's hard. Praying for you, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am praying for you and still hoping, believing, and trusting God for your "faith baby!" I BELIEVE!!!!!!! It's a new year, girlie!!! And of course it goes without saying...but next time there are bloggy hugs and get-togethers with you, I am SO THERE!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was a great post. I'm praying that we both have a baby in 2011. I agree with about not doubting the Lord's timing or plan. That's my goal for this year. Trust Him! I keep telling myself that when I start to doubt. Trust Him!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was a great post. I'm praying that we both have a baby in 2011. I agree with about not doubting the Lord's timing or plan. That's my goal for this year. Trust Him! I keep telling myself that when I start to doubt. Trust Him!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I love to hear from you!