1. What did you do in 2011 that you had never done before?
I attended Passion as a leader with some of our high school seniors. It was such a powerful time and God did a major work in my heart in the area of surrender. I gave birth to precious twin girls!
2. Did you keep your New Year's Resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I don't really get into making resolutions.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Well, I did! And, one sister-in-law gave birth to a baby girl in April and another sister-in-law gave birth to a little girl one month before Kinley and Emery were born. My sister is also expecting a little girl this summer! Lots of sweet baby girls in our family!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes. My Poppa (dad's dad) passed away in October. This is my brother, sister and I with our Poppa at my Nanny's (his wife) funeral just a year before. =(
5. What places have you visited?
This is the first year in many that I don't have to answer a baby. I just would like to soak in every moment this year with my precious family. I know it will go by so quickly.
7. What date(s) from 2012 will remain etched in your memory and why?
March 30, 2012 - the day I found out I was pregnant!! July 7th 2012 - the day we found out we were having two precious girls. November 3, 2012 - the day I was finally able to lay eyes on my daughters and hold them in my arms. I was finally a mommy =)
8. What was your biggest achievement this year?
Giving birth to two healthy baby girls. God is so good!!
9. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I went into pre-term labor at 32 weeks and ended up delivering at 35 weeks due to signs of pre-eclampsia.
10. What was the best thing you bought?
We bought a new (to us) minivan. I love my Odyssey so much. Makes life with two little bundles a little more convenient.
12. What song will always remind you of 2012?
White Flag and You Revive Me from Passion.
Noticing a theme here. Same as last year...spent more in depth time in the Word and with my Jesus; prayed more; reached out more to others instead of being so self-absorbed; blogged more, ate healthier and did some form of exercise ;-)
14. What do you wish you would have done less of?
Been less connected to social media outlets and just "been still" a little more.
15. What was your favorite TV program?
Oh, so many...all of the Real H0usewives, The Batchel0r, Ch0pped, Nashville and we watched Friday Nlght Llghts on Netflix.
16. What was the best book you read this year?
Again, I would like to do better about reading more books in the coming year. I did read several pregnancy/parenting books.
17. What was your favorite film of the year?
Didn't see too many movies this year. We did see What to Expect and I thought it was cute!

This year I turned 32. It was the first birthday in years that I have not dreaded becoming a year older and not having a baby. I was so happy to celebrate this year! Chad and I went to one of my favorite restaurants and had a wonderful evening.
19. What national/world event stirred you the most?
The Sandy H00k tragedy. Now that I am a mother I just cannot imagine what those parents are going through. It makes me weep.
My two little girls!!!



What a wonderful year you had!! Happy New Year to you and your precious family!
ReplyDeleteYes I'd say there was a "theme" in your answers. Your daughters are beautiful and it is so awesome that your prayers were answered!
ReplyDeleteExciting year! It was for us too! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteLoved this post! As hard as it might be to believe, 2013 will be even better with those 2 precious girls!
ReplyDelete