How about a Christmas Getting to Know You Tag? Melissa tagged me and I thought it would be fun to play along!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I like to wrap as much as I can. But bags are good for last minute and for hard to wrap things.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial AND pre-lit
3. When do you put up the tree? I try to the weekend after Thanksgiving
4. When do you take the tree down? around New Years
5. Do you like eggnog? It's okay
6. Favorite gift received as a child? A cash register complete with a scanner that made a beeping noise when you rolled something across it. When I was 7 or 8 my dream job would have been working at F00d Li0n as a cashier - ha!!
7. Hardest person to buy for? all the guys - I never know what to get them!
8. Easiest person to buy for? my mom - I know what she likes and she is easy to please!
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, a Will0w Tree nativity that we hope to keep adding to
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail some, hand the rest out in Sunday School (saves on postage!)
11. WORST CHRISTMAS GIFT YOU EVER RECEIVED? I don't know! I can remember some pretty hurtin' hand painted sweatshirts and such, but back then I don't know if I thought they were bad. There's no question now!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Christmas Vacati0n
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I'm usually a last minute shopper. This year we aren't exchanging gifts with as many people so it shouldn't be too bad.
14 . Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I'm thinking I probably have, but I can't remember what...
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? sweet potato casserole, hash brown casserole, green been casserole - apparently I'm a fan of the casseroles!
16. Lights on the tree? white, please!
17. Favorite Christmas song? Away in a Manger, A Strange Way to Save the World (4-Him), but I also like so many more!
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? all our immediate family is here, so we usually stay home
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Nope
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One on Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? the commercialism and people saying "Happy Holidays" - it's CHRISTmas people!
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Red and gold
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I've held out for a while, but I think I would like one of these because I absolutely adore this charm. You can read about the significance of that here.
I tag Jenna, Heather, Kristin, Jill, and anyone else who wants to play along!
Friday, November 28, 2008
A Christmas Tag!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I would have the same answers as you on most of these, Faith.
ReplyDeleteI really want one of those bracelets, too. I LOVE them. But, it will be a slim Christmas around here this year, so I'm not sure this will be the year for that :)
I was a freak for cash registers when I was little too!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm an all-white light girl too - my hubs & I have had many arguments over that... hence, our tree is now all white!!! (YES - I win!)
im wanting to play around with my blogs this weekend...wondering how you have made your blog a three sided blog with three separate areas of writing...i hope I wrote that in a way that makes sense...anywho...whatever info you can provide...i would very much appreciate it!
ReplyDeleteyay...so excited i figured out how to make a three column template...but i would love to know how you did your header up there...what digital scrapbooking program do you use and what is the size of it...i love how it goes across like that...my present header is not that wide!
ReplyDeleteLove the little owl and if you get a bracelet then you HAVE to have other charms!!
ReplyDeleteThe cash register makes me laugh everytime you say it. It's funny to think of you working at Food Lion so you can hear the register ding! haa!!
Good list and I love you! Thanks for playing, maam.:)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteIt was fun reading through your list! The owl charm would be PERFECT given the significance it has in your family. I don't collect anything yet...maybe I should. (:
ReplyDeletei figured out how to get my columns with a white background...but I am still trying to figure out how to make it all look like one big white page like how yours is instead of how mine has the green inbetween each white column!
ReplyDeleteLOVED this, my friend!!! And thanks for the tag!
ReplyDeleteI just adore the charm bracelet and owl charm. I really hope Santa drops this in your stocking!
Love you friend! Hope you and your mama had fun shopping!
Oh--I DEFINITELY remember the cash register. That was pretty high-tech for back then! You even had all the little groceries and the shopping basket. Those were the good ole' days --now kids that age want a XBox!
ReplyDeleteI'm looking forward to spending Christmas with you and Chad and I think MiMi might need that little charm and bracelet dropped in her stocking, too! (-;
yay...thank you so much! I changed the outer wrapper and now its all white! Thanks so much for all your help!
ReplyDeleteThat bracelet and charm is adorable. I have a feeling you will be getting this if Chad reads your blog. Ha! Maybe I need to start dropping hints on the blog. Hey, that's a good idea! LOL! I'm a red and gold Christmas ornament girl, too, and I am SO tired of this "Happy Holiday" business. It's getting worse every year!
ReplyDeletelove this! i'm going to do it soon, promise. :)
ReplyDelete((HUGS))
I loved your Christmas list ;)! So many of your answers would be mine too ;)!
ReplyDeleteI also read your Thanksgiving post and my heart breaks for you. I pray for you always Faith and that your prayers will be answered!!!
What a fun list!!
ReplyDeleteBryan bought me a Pandora charm bracelet 2 years ago for Christmas and had 3 charms on it. I love it. I have put additional charms on them since. I have 2 charms to mark my tubal pregnancies. It also helps give others gift ideas for you!!
You'll have to let us know if you get it!!
I love this and can't wait to do it myself! Thanks for tagging me! I have been catching up on blogs and saved yours for last to keep me motivated! I had ALOT of reading to do!!!
ReplyDeleteI love you friend! Praying for you!
I posted a christmas tag too in answer to your questions. Hope all is going well!
ReplyDeleteMandi